Guidance – Use of WSC premises updated 8th June 2020
Your Committee has agreed to adopt the RYA Guiding Principles
A. We will always try to follow Government advice. The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on frontline services.
We all have a role to play by following the Government guidelines.
B. We will, as a boating club, take a considerate and conservative approach.
Considerate: We will be mindful of the potential impact that we could have on other water users and do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI and emergency services.
Conservative: We will help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to our boating.
Your Committee has approved the following guidance to members.
1. Members may use their own craft (canoe, rowing boat, sailing dinghy, cruiser etc) either as individuals or as a group from the same household.
2. Members may work on their boats, either as individuals or as a group from the same household.
3. Members are responsible for their own adherence to social distancing guidelines on club premises.
4. Members are responsible for their own safety and advised to take extra care when planning trips on the water (weather, tides, personal ability etc.) to minimise any call on rescue services.
5. Members are advised to take additional safety equipment on trips such as; additional clothing (in waterproof containers), food and drink, anchor & spare paddle etc.
6. Members are encouraged (either as individuals or a family group) to help with cleaning the hard. When using club equipment please assume that it may have been used by others and wear gloves and/or other protective equipment as appropriate.
7. The Club toilets are now open. Please follow social distances rules and the Covid-19 guidance on the entrance door and placed inside the toilet.
8. With the exception of the toilets all club buildings remain closed.
9. The club boats are now available for members to use via a booking system. Please contact the Vice Commodore email
10. The visitors pontoon remains closed and no overnight stays permitted.
This guidance will be kept under review and changed as conditions allow.
Agreed by the General Committee June 8th 2020